From time to time people ask us what they can do to help us and so we are providing this Wish List for your consideration. If you have any questions please e-mail them to the firstname.lastname@example.org .
- $3,000 – One year sponsorship for Long Dy Heang who is in his third year at Limkokwing International University of Creative Technology.
- $1000 – New playground equipment.
$10,000 – Build a new modern kitchen with gas stoves, oven, and refrigeration. Presently our cooking staff uses charcoal, which is not only messy but, bad for their health. –This has been fully funded and is awaiting renovation!
- Education Fund. Presently our combined daily educational cost for all of our children living at the center is about $30.00. This includes lunch money, snacks, and fees for extra classes. Additionally our educational fund covers our University Students and Trade School students in Phnom Penh.
- $750.00 for the replacement of thatched roofs on several of our smaller outdoor buildings.
Please note that when we receive items we do not need, it’s difficult to get rid of them. We do not, at this time, have another organization to give them to and we can’t just ‘give them away’ in the village as there is no way to choose who gets them and who doesn’t. Please consider this when donating items you no longer need.
Toiletries (not samples or travel-size hotel items)
- Deodorant (roll-on or stick, no spray)
- Soap (bars or liquid)
- Hair brushes
- Nail clippers
- Aftershave , Cologne, and Perfume
- Dr. Seuss Easy Reader books
- Other good easy reader books
- Play fake food and other preschool kitchen items
- Board games
- Any type of little play cars for our preschool
- Any type of “little people” and accessories for our preschool (like Fisher Price)
- Lego’s, small size.
- Good quality backpacks (not Walmart quality – they don’t last but a couple months)
Arts and Crafts:
- Beads (preferably not plastic)
- Old or broken jewelry or other jewelry supplies
- Underwear (boxers and/or briefs for boys, bikini style for girls) sizes 2 up to 8 (not any bigger sizes)
- Boys shorts sizes 4 – 8 (preferable jean shorts or other sturdy material)
- Bed Sheets (all sizes / styles) – preferably not white
- Bath Towels
- Kitchen towels
- Coffee cups – used is fine (ones that have city/country names are fun for the kids to use)
ITEMS WE “DO NOT” NEED/WANT
- Pencils (We have a very large stock)
- Crayons (large stock compiled from past donations)
- Clothing other than listed above
- Tennis style shoes that cover the whole foot (it’s too hot and rainy for closed toe shoes)
- Broken toys or those missing pieces (just plain frustrating!)
- Toys requiring batteries
- Barbies or other demeaning toys that make girls feel less than adequate
- Weapon toys of any kind
- Toothbrushes (we have enough toothbrushes to keep our children’s white teeth pretty for years to come)